Thursday, December 17, 2009

Bro & Sis

Today's post is....

Dawn and Derek Elam in their portrait session for their Mom's surprise Christmas present! What a cool way to say I love you then by sharing yourself! I wish I could see their Mom's face as she opens the present and see's their faces! How cool! So anyone who see's this... shhh it's a surprise!

I know Dawn from Gardner-Webb university where I went for my freshman year of college. Dawn lived in the same dorm as I did and we both lived in, or near Winston-Salem so it was a great friendship right from the beginning! The summer after our freshman year we both got jobs working at the same restaurant and remained good friends! Over the years we have kind of done our own things, she is now a Senior in college and will be graduating in May! She is such an awesome girl, full of energy and fun. Dawn is an amazing piano player and singer- unfortunately, we couldn't find a piano the day of the shoot- but her talent it amazing!

Derek, is her 13 year old brother who I believe I had met once before but only briefly- so it was a challenge getting him to warm up enough to smile in some of these pics ;) His comments were hysterical as he talked about food and video games just waiting to be done with pictures. Typical teenage boy.

We met at Target then headed on our journey to Old Salem, an awesome historical place where the Moravians first settled after traveling from Germany! The place is full of awesome old buildings, log fences and history- I love it. Here's some favorites from the day!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love these photos because they are just so natural, the colors, the sun reflection in my lens, their faces etc!
Photobucket


Photobucket

Annnnd this about sums it up.
Photobucket


Thanks for such a fun day guys!! I hope your Mom loves the pictures of you guys! Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

  1. Great pics any mom would love! :)
    Derek's expressions are awesome!!! He makes me chuckle. Looks like you all enjoyed yourselves!
    Great job Reeree!!!!
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete